Harrisburg, PA – The Pennsylvania Department of State filed disciplinary actions against eight charitable organizations, professional solicitors and professional fundraising counsel during the month of June, Secretary of State Pedro A. Cortés announced today.
The June sanctions included cease-and-desist orders issued to the following individuals and organizations:
· American India Foundation, 216 East 45th Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10017
· Blue Ribbons 4 Justice, 10194 Lindale Avenue, Greencastle, PA 17225
· Main Street Mechanicsburg d/b/a Downtown Mechanicsburg Partnership, 36 W. Allen Street, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
· Owen J. Robert Rowing Club, 901 Ridge Road, Pottstown, PA 19465
· Renewable Manufacturing Gateway, 1901 Center Avenue, Suite 200, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
· St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, 1111 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10025
· Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Alliance, Inc N/K/A C. J. First Candle, Inc., 9 Newport Drive, Suite 200, Forest Hill, MD 21050
· The Helping Hand, 209 Second Street, Highspire, PA 17034
· The King's Men, Pennsylvania Avenue, Oreland, PA 19075
· USA Dance, Inc., P.O. Box 152988, Cape Coral, FL 33915
Secretary Cortés noted that those individuals and organizations may not solicit donations or conduct fundraising activities until they have come into compliance with the Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes Act.
Each entry includes the name of the charitable organization, professional solicitor or professional fundraising counsel, address, sanction imposed, a description of the basis for the disciplinary or corrective measure and the effective date.
Anyone who suspects unethical activity by a charitable organization can file a complaint either online or by calling (717) 787-0700.
The Bureau oversees the registration of more than 12,000 charitable organizations, professional solicitors and professional fundraising counsel. A list of registration exclusions and exemptions for charitable organizations can be found on the Department’s website.
Violations of the Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes Act may result in disciplinary actions including civil penalties and the suspension or revocation of a registration.
MEDIA CONTACT: Wanda Murren, (717) 783-1621