Harrisburg, PA – The Pennsylvania Department of State filed disciplinary actions against 9 charitable organizations, professional solicitors and professional fundraising counsel during the month of October, Acting Secretary of State Robert Torres announced today.
In October, cease-and-desist orders were issued to the following organizations:
- ACFE Foundation - Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship Fund, The Gregor Bldg., 716 West Avenue, Austin, TX 78701
- Across America for Wounded Heroes, Inc., 740 Lammy Road, Honey Brook, PA 19314 AND 1816 Woodhaven Circle, Sarasota, FL 34232
- Glass House, Inc., 913 East King Street, P.O. Box 1123, Lancaster, PA 17602
- Greenmore Farm Animal Rescue, 246 Conmell Upland Road, West Grove, PA 19390 AND 450 Fishing Creek Road, Etters, PA 17319
- Justice Rescue, Inc., 723 Saylors Mill Road, Spring City, PA 19475 AND P.O. Box 112, Woodlyn, PA 19094
- Opportunity Football Academy of West Africa, 304 Wilkes Barre Twp. Blvd., Wilkes Barre, PA 18702
- Who Rescued Who Humane Society, 430 North State Street, Clairton, PA 15025
Acting Secretary Torres noted that those organizations may not solicit donations or conduct fundraising activities until they have come into compliance with the Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes Act.
Each entry includes the name of the charitable organization, professional solicitor or professional fundraising counsel, address, sanction imposed, a description of the basis for the disciplinary or corrective measure and the effective date.
Anyone who suspects unethical activity by a charitable organization can file a complaint either online or by calling (717) 787-0700.
The Bureau oversees the registration of more than 12,000 charitable organizations, professional solicitors and professional fundraising counsel. A list of registration exclusions and exemptions for charitable organizations can be found on the Department’s website.
Violations of the Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes Act may result in disciplinary actions including civil penalties and the suspension or revocation of a registration.
MEDIA CONTACT: Wanda Murren, (717) 783-1621