Ten singers earn spots to perform at 103rd Farm Show
Harrisburg, PA - Agriculture Secretary Russell Redding today announced the winners of “Oh, Say, Can You Sing?”, a star-spangled sing-off on Facebook that puts talented Pennsylvanians center stage during the 103rd Pennsylvania Farm Show. Each morning of the Farm Show will feature a talented Pennsylvanian singing the national anthem live, chosen by the Farm Show’s Facebook fans.
“We saw a number of outstanding performances by exceptionally skilled vocalists this year, and I am thrilled to showcase their talents at the 103rd Farm Show,” said Secretary Redding. “I thank everyone who entered, everyone who voted, and congratulate this year’s winners.”
The winners are:
- Faith Brown, Dauphin County
- Asiah Savage, Lycoming County
- Cortney VanBilliard, Cumberland County
- East Stroudsburg High School North Chorale (Group), Monroe County
- Harrisburg Academy Lower School Chorus (Group), Dauphin County
- Tierney Violet Joyce, Lackawanna County
- Giada Langville, Adams County
- Morgan Nix, Cumberland County
- Cassandra Smith, York County
- One Night Only Barbershop Quartet (Group), Cumberland County
The contest was open to Pennsylvania residents of all ages – both individuals and groups. Contestants entered by uploading a video of themselves singing “The Star-Spangled Banner,” without instrumental accompaniment, to the Pennsylvania Farm Show Facebook page, facebook.com/pafarmshow.
Finalists were selected by a panel of judges and then posted for fan voting by Facebook likes. A winner will sing live at 8 AM each day of the 2019 Pennsylvania Farm Show, from January 5-12.
Find out more about the Pennsylvania Farm Show at www.farmshow.pa.gov.
MEDIA CONTACT: Shannon Powers - 717.783.2628
# # #