Harrisburg, PA - The Department of Banking and Securities issued 43 enforcement orders during the fourth quarter of 2018. Fines and assessments for these orders totaled $1,397,900, with an additional $187,621.51 in restitution to be paid to Pennsylvania consumers, including:
- Eleven Consent Agreement and Orders and three Orders to Cease and Desist issued for violations of the Debt Settlement Services Act
- Seven Consent Agreement and Orders, including a permanent debarment, and eight Orders to Show Cause issued for violations of the Pennsylvania Securities Act of 1972;
- Six Consent Agreement and Orders and one Suspension and Cease and Desist Order issued for violations of the Consumer Credit Code;
- Two Consent Agreement and Orders, including a one-year debarment, three Orders, and one Suspension and Cease and Desist Order for violations of the Mortgage Licensing Act; and
- One Consent Agreement and Order issued for violations of the Money Transmitter Act.
Comprehensive lists of enforcement orders administered by the Department of Banking and Securities are available online. Anyone can ask questions or file complaints concerning financial products or services online or by calling 1-800-PA-BANKS (or 800-600-0007).
MEDIA CONTACT: Virginia Lucy - 717-214-4759
# # #