Harrisburg, PA - The Department of Banking and Securities issued 22 enforcement orders during the first quarter of 2019. Fines and assessments for these orders totaled $379,625, with an additional $682,660.35 in restitution to be paid to Pennsylvania consumers, including:
- Twelve Consent Agreement and Orders and two Orders to Cease and Desist issued for violations of the Debt Settlement Services Act;
- Three Consent Agreement and Orders and one Order to Show Cause issued for violations of the Pennsylvania Securities Act of 1972;
- Two Consent Agreement and Orders issued for violations of the Consumer Credit Code;
- One Consent Agreement and Order for violations of the Mortgage Licensing Act; and
- One Consent Agreement and Order issued for violations of the Money Transmitter Act.
Comprehensive lists of enforcement orders administered by the Department of Banking and Securities are available online. Anyone can ask questions or file complaints concerning financial products or services online or by calling 1-800-PA-BANKS (or 800-600-0007).
MEDIA CONTACT: Virginia Lucy - 717.214.4759
# # #