Harrisburg, PA- The Pennsylvania Department of Health today confirmed as of 12:00 a.m., March 22, that there are 108 additional positive cases of COVID-19, bringing the statewide total to 479 in 33 counties. County-specific information and a statewide map are available here. All people are either in isolation at home or being treated at the hospital.
“Our notable increase in cases over the last few days indicate we need everyone to take COVID-19 seriously,” Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine said. “Pennsylvanians have a very important job right now: stay calm, stay home and stay safe. We have seen case counts continue to increase and the best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to stay home.”
Statewide, there are 479 cases of COVID-19 reported from commercial, hospital and state labs. There are 4,964 patients who have tested negative, and two total deaths. With commercial labs being the primary testing option for most Pennsylvanians, data is not available on the total number of tests pending.
Statewide – The Wolf Administration has announced:
- Pennsylvania k-12 schools closed with guidance provided.
- Postponing in-person events that consist of 10 people or more throughout the United States.
- Discretion for religious leaders in holding services.
- No-visitor policies at all State correctional facilities and nursing homes to ensure the safety of inmates, residents, staff and visitors.
- Restricted-visitor policies in state centers.
- Restricted-visitor policies in assisted living and personal care homes.
The Wolf Administration stresses the role Pennsylvanians play in helping to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover any coughs or sneezes with your elbow, not your hands.
- Clean surfaces frequently.
- Stay home to avoid spreading COVID-19, especially if you are unwell.
Updated Coronavirus Links: Press Releases, State Lab Photos, Graphics
- For the daily COVID-19 Report, visit here.
- For all press releases regarding coronavirus, please visit here.
- Find the latest information on the coronavirus here.
- Photos of the state’s lab in Exton are available for download and use here.
- Coronavirus and preparedness graphics are available here near the bottom of the page: here
- Community preparedness and procedures materials are available here.
- For an updated map with the number of cases, visit here.
All Pennsylvania residents are encouraged to sign up for AlertPA, a text notification system for health, weather, and other important alerts like COVID-19 updates from commonwealth agencies. Residents can sign up online at www.ready.pa.gov/BeInformed/Signup-For-Alerts.
MEDIA CONTACT: Nate Wardle, Health, 717-787-1783 or firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #