Harrisburg, PA – PA CareerLink® offices are increasing virtual services and offering limited in-person appointments for job seekers and employers in counties in the green reopening phase across Pennsylvania.
"Although the physical doors of PA CareerLink® offices closed in mid-March to help stop the spread of COVID-19, they have not stopped working for Pennsylvanians," said Labor & Industry Secretary Jerry Oleksiak. "Most CareerLink employees have been teleworking since mid-March to provide virtual services to job seekers and businesses and will begin taking limited in-person appointments as their respective counties move to the green phase. I encourage everyone to use the valuable free services they provide."
Virtual services have been provided continuously for job seekers and employers since mid-March when statewide mitigation efforts began to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Adult education classes
- All employer services
- Career counseling
- Eligibility determination for Workforce Innovation programs and service
- Job search assistance
- On-the-Job Training programs
- Resume assistance
- Virtual workshops
- Youth Programming and work readiness services
While customers are strongly encouraged to continue using PA CareerLink® virtual services, offices across the state will begin accepting appointments for limited on-site services as their respective counties move to the green phase.
Limited On-Site Services (Appointment Only)
- Copying and faxing documents for unemployment compensation (UC) office
- Employer services
- Individual customer appointments to complete program paperwork for Workforce Innovation programs
- On-site educational assessment
- Use of the PA CareerLink® resource room for job search activity
To schedule an appointment for limited on-site services, please contact your local PA CareerLink® office. Find your county's contact information by visiting www.pacareerlink.pa.gov.
To protect the health and safety of customers and staff and to continue following COVID-19 social distancing and mitigation recommendations, UC courtesy telephones will not be available in PA CareerLink® offices until further notice.
- For regular UC questions:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 888-313-7284 Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- LiveChat (call 888-313-7284 for a secure 6-digit code) Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- For Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) questions:
- Email email@example.com
- Call 855-284-8545 Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Launched in July 2012, PA CareerLink® is part of the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry's initiative to transform the landscape of how job seekers find family sustaining jobs and how employers find the skilled candidates that they need, by serving as a one-stop shop for many related services.
For more information, including COVID-19 employment opportunities in the commonwealth, visit www.pacareerlink.pa.gov.
MEDIA CONTACT: Penny Ickes, firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #