Begin Main Content Area
Media > Labor and Industry > Details

L&I Holding Virtual Town Hall on Unemployment Benefits Tomorrow at 1:00 PM

08/12/2020

Harrisburg, PA – Pennsylvanians can ask questions directly to unemployment compensation experts during the Department of Labor & Industry's (L&I) twelfth live virtual town hall from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM tomorrow, Thursday, August 13, 2020. The event will feature information about regular unemployment compensation (UC) and other federal COVID-19-related benefits programs.  

How to participate 

A livestream will be online at https://access.live/PAlabor. Those without internet access can listen by calling 1-833-380-0719, however access is limited so we ask that they be reserved for individuals who need them.  

Participants can ask questions live during the town hall. To protect participants' personal confidential information, detailed answers about individual claim questions cannot be answered during the town hall. 

Pennsylvania has implemented all of the new programs under the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act

*The federal government created and funded the FPUC program. Under federal requirement, the claim week ending July 25, 2020, was the last $600 FPUC payment claimants will receive. However, anyone receiving payments for UC claim weeks April 4 through July 25 will still receive backdated FPUC payments if eligible. 

Improving Customer Service 

  • 241,886 overtime hours worked by L&I UC staff since mid-March.
  • 114 percent increase in UC service center staffing levels since March 15 – with 775 employees supporting UC service center operations than compared to the current total of 1,656. 

Additionally, 98 percent of eligible claimants who filed for unemployment compensation between March 15 and July 4 were either paid or are not eligible for benefits. The remaining 2 percent are claims that the automated system couldn't approve for various reasons and are under individual review by staff. 

Important Resources and Links 

Recordings of prior public town halls are available here. Additional unemployment benefits information is available on L&I's website, Facebook or Twitter

MEDIA CONTACT: Penny Ickes, dlipress@pa.gov

# # #

Share This