Multiple-bottle packages offered for third year in a row
Harrisburg – Just in time for holiday gift-giving and celebrations, the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB), through its Limited-Release Lottery, will award the opportunity to purchase 2,005 bottles of Pappy Van Winkle whiskeys, including packages containing multiple bottles of the very popular, limited-production spirits.
Pennsylvania residents and licensees have until 11:00 PM Saturday, Nov. 10, to opt in to one or more of the drawings by visiting the Limited-Release Lottery web page at www.FineWineAndGoodSpirits.com, which can be found under the “Events” tab.
These Kentucky whiskeys, produced by Pappy Van Winkle’s grandson using recipes dating back three generations, are among the most sought after in the world. Since 2002, the Van Winkle bourbons have been produced at the Buffalo Trace distillery, enabling the Old Rip Van Winkle distillery the ability to increase production while still ensuring strict standards for quality. Wine Enthusiast magazine and the World Spirits Championship have rated the 20-year-old bourbon 99 out of 100.
For 2018, the PLCB is again offering multi-bottle packages of Pappy Van Winkle bourbons displayed in custom-made wooden boxes.
• Four packages (two for individual consumers, two for licensees) will include one each of five expressions of the 2018 Pappy release: Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 23 Year, Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 20 Year, Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 15 Year, Van Winkle Special Reserve 12 Year, and Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Year. The price for each five-bottle package is $1,899.99.
• Six packages (three for individual consumers, three for licensees) will consist of four Pappy Van Winkle bottles each: Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 20 Year, Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 15 Year, Van Winkle Special Reserve 12 Year, and Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Year. The price for each four-bottle package is $1,199.99.
• Thirty packages (15 for individual consumers, 15 for licensees) will consist of three bottles each: Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 20 Year, Van Winkle Special Reserve 12 Year, and Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Year. The price for each three-bottle package is $999.99.
Additional drawings will be held, in the following order, to award the right to purchase individual bottles as follows:
• Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Rye 13 Year, $159.99 each – 13 bottles for individual consumers, 5 bottles for licensees
• Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 23 Year, $399.99 each – 75 bottles for individual consumers, 26 bottles for licensees
• Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 20 Year, $249.99 each – 138 bottles for individual consumers, 47 bottles for licensees
• Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 15 Year, $149.99 each – 195 bottles for individual consumers, 65 bottles for licensees
• Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Year, $79.99 each – 340 bottles for individual consumers, 114 bottles for licensees
• Van Winkle Special Reserve 12 Year, $99.99 each – 639 bottles for individual consumers, 214 bottles for licensees
The distillery did not release its 13-year rye expression in 2017, but it makes a return for 2018.
Individual consumers and licensees interested in entering one or more lotteries must be registered customers at www.FineWineAndGoodSpirits.com
with billing information on file. Each participant is encouraged to verify that accurate, up-to-date billing information is associated with his or her customer account, to prevent transaction delays or cancellations.
Separate drawings will be conducted for the packages and each of these limited-release whiskeys, and lottery participants may opt into one, several, or all drawings. Purchase is limited to one package or bottle per participant, and if a participant wins a package or bottle in a drawing, he or she will be removed from subsequent drawings.
In light of attempts by previous lottery winners to illegally resell products obtained through Limited-Release Lotteries, the lottery Terms and Conditions remind residents that the sale of alcoholic beverages without a license is strictly prohibited under Pennsylvania law. When entering a Limited-Release Lottery, a participant will be asked to acknowledge that he or she has read and understands these terms and conditions.
Limited-Release Lotteries are open to Pennsylvania residents and licensees age 21 or older who provide both a verifiable Pennsylvania billing address and a Fine Wine & Good Spirits store address at registration. Any registrant with a billing address that can’t be verified as a Pennsylvania address will be removed from the lottery. Entries will be vetted for duplicative names, addresses, and other information, and duplicates will be deleted from the lottery pool.
Lottery drawings will be witnessed by an independent third party. Winners will be selected at random by computer program. Participants will be notified by email when the lottery process is complete.
The PLCB regulates the distribution of beverage alcohol in Pennsylvania, operates more than 600 wine and spirits stores statewide, and licenses 20,000 alcohol producers, retailers, and handlers. The PLCB also works to reduce and prevent dangerous and underage drinking through partnerships with schools, community groups, and licensees. Taxes and store profits – totaling $16.5 billion since the agency’s inception – are returned to Pennsylvania’s General Fund, which finances Pennsylvania’s schools, health and human services programs, law enforcement, and public safety initiatives, among other important public services. The PLCB also provides financial support for the Pennsylvania State Police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement, the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs, other state agencies, and local municipalities across the state. For more information about the PLCB, visit www.lcb.pa.gov
MEDIA CONTACT: Shawn M. Kelly, 717.783.8864