Feb. 13 event to feature wine specialist Matt Lanyon with special guests Fred Magnotta and Chef John Tabone
Clarks Summit – The Fine Wine & Good Spirits Premium Collection at 222 Northern Blvd., Clarks Summit, will host a special wine and food pairing event on Wednesday, Feb. 13, from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Wine specialist Matt Lanyon and wine importer Fred Magnotta will conduct the tasting and discussion of eight premium wines, with Bar Pazzo Executive Chef John Tabone providing custom food pairings.
As a wine specialist for Fine Wine & Good Spirits, Lanyon’s interest and appreciation for wine grew out of a history of family tradition steeped in celebration. While a student at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, he enrolled in a Geography of Wine class focused on the ancient art of winemaking, and from there was hooked. Since joining Fine Wine & Good Spirits, he has continued to build on his education and is committed to sharing his knowledge and fostering an appreciation of wine with others.
Lanyon will offer samples of the following wines to those 21 years of age and older from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM:
• Cheurlin Champagne Brut Spéciale (Code 76186) – $39.99
• Greywacke Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 2017 (Code 74606) – $19.99
• Domaine Chevreau Sancerre Rosé 2017 (Code 74936) – $22.99
• Fortress Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma County 2016 (Code 76657) – $19.99
Fred Magnotta is the president of F. Magnotta LLC, Scranton, an importer and distributor of fine wines. A professed lover of all things Italian, Magnotta specializes in Old World wines with an emphasis on Italian varietals.
Magnotta will offer samples of the following wines to those 21 years of age and older from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM:
• Contratto Millesimato Brut Piemonte 2012 (Code 75731) – $26.99
• Malvira’ Roero Arneis Rive Gauche (Code 75730) – $14.99
• Indigenous Pinot Grigio delle Venezie 2017 (Code 75732) – $9.99
• La Spinetta Il Nero di Casanova Sangiovese Toscana 2014 (Code 75762) – $21.99
John Tabone is the owner and executive chef for Bar Pazzo, Scranton. With more than 25 years of experience, he attributes his approachable, rustic style of cooking and passion for the culinary arts to his Italian upbringing. Prior to opening Bar Pazzo, Tabone was the executive chef for Glenmaura National Golf Club.
Beginning at 5:00 PM, Tabone will provide attendees with a host of Valentine’s Day inspired food creations which he will pair with select, featured wines. The following dishes will be available for tasting:
• Savory stuffed biscuit with Toulouse sausage, green apple, and nutmeg
• Trophie pasta with pesto, asparagus, and pignoli
• Ahi tuna crudo “crostini” with avocado, Cara Cara orange, and cilantro
• Dark chocolate and espresso truffle with chipotle
The PLCB regulates the distribution of beverage alcohol in Pennsylvania, operates more than 600 wine and spirits stores statewide, and licenses 20,000 alcohol producers, retailers, and handlers. The PLCB also works to reduce and prevent dangerous and underage drinking through partnerships with schools, community groups, and licensees. Taxes and store profits – totaling $16.5 billion since the agency’s inception – are returned to Pennsylvania’s General Fund, which finances Pennsylvania’s schools, health and human services programs, law enforcement, and public safety initiatives, among other important public services. The PLCB also provides financial support for the Pennsylvania State Police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement, the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs, other state agencies, and local municipalities across the state. For more information about the PLCB, visit lcb.pa.gov
MEDIA CONTACT: Shawn M. Kelly, 717.783.8864
# # #