Erie – The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB) today announced the grand opening of a Fine Wine & Good Spirits at 4058 Buffalo Rd., Erie.
With more than 3,450 square feet of retail space, this store features about 2,400 wines and spirits, including the popular Chairman’s Selection® and Chairman’s Advantage® products, which are hand-selected, highly rated wines available for less than nationally quoted prices, in some cases less than $10 a bottle.
To celebrate the grand opening, all in-store wines, spirits, and accessories will be 10% off during regular business hours from Monday, Aug. 31, through Wednesday, Sept. 2.
The following public health precautions and COVID-19 mitigation efforts will be in place as this store opens:
- A limited number of customers will be allowed in the store at any time in order to maintain social distancing best practices.
- The first hour each store is open each day will be reserved for customers at high risk for COVID-19, including those 65 years of age and older. Voluntary compliance from all customers is encouraged in the interest of protecting the health and safety of our most vulnerable community members.
- Customers and employees will be required to wear masks and practice social distancing, guided by signage throughout the stores.
- Signage will also direct customers to follow one-way patterns to avoid cross-traffic and encourage them to refrain from touching products unless they intend to buy them.
- Store employees will perform enhanced and frequent cleaning and disinfecting, and store hours will be modified to ensure appropriate time for cleaning and restocking.
- All sales are final, and no returns will be accepted until further notice.
This Fine Wine & Good Spirits offers a warm, welcoming atmosphere for consumers to browse the extensive selection. The store features promotional items and educational materials for customers such as:
- Answers to frequently asked questions about wine and spirits
- Food pairing information
- A party planning guide
- A calorie chart
- Tips for responsible hosting and consumption
- Material from the PLCB’s award-winning Know When. Know How.SM alcohol education campaign
The store has a “Made in Pennsylvania” section to highlight wines and spirits produced in the commonwealth. Also, this store features Pennsylvania Lottery ticket sales.
Throughout design and construction, the PLCB was committed to developing a store that is attractive and environmentally responsible. The majority of store lighting is state-of-the-art LED or energy-efficient compact-fluorescent lighting, using a fraction of the energy of traditional lighting.
The Harborcreek Fine Wine & Good Spirits will be open from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday through Wednesday, 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Thursday through Saturday, and 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM Sunday. The store phone number is 814.899.3067. To find additional store locations and hours, visit FineWineAndGoodSpirits.com
The Fine Wine & Good Spirits at 4466 Buffalo Rd., Erie, is now closed.
The PLCB regulates the distribution of beverage alcohol in Pennsylvania, operates 600 wine and spirits stores statewide, and licenses 20,000 alcohol producers, retailers, and handlers. The PLCB also works to reduce and prevent dangerous and underage drinking through partnerships with schools, community groups, and licensees. Taxes and store profits – totaling nearly $18.5 billion since the agency’s inception – are returned to Pennsylvania’s General Fund, which finances Pennsylvania’s schools, health and human services programs, law enforcement, and public safety initiatives, among other important public services. The PLCB also provides financial support for the Pennsylvania State Police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement, the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs, other state agencies, and local municipalities across the state. For more information about the PLCB, visit lcb.pa.gov
MEDIA CONTACT: Shawn M. Kelly, 717.303.8522
NOTE: Due to the desire to promote responsible social distancing, there will be no official ribbon-cutting ceremony, and the 10% off sale – typically held on the day of the official opening – will be held over three days.
# # #