Harrisburg, PA - The Pennsylvania Military Finance Alliance announces a free conference in Johnstown to educate members of the military, veterans, and their families on the unique financial and investment decisions they will face. The “Making $ense of Finance” conference will take place on August 8, 2018, at the Hiram G. Andrews Center, Commonwealth Technical Institute, 727 Goucher Street in Johnstown from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Programs offered at the conference include:
- Scambusters: An interactive game designed by the Better Business Bureau to help you tell the difference between a legitimate deal and a scam.
- Dream Big Plan Now: Making Your Ideal Retirement a Reality: This presentation covers five steps to retirement planning; income sources in retirement; military retirement pay; saving and investing with employer plans, Thrift Savings Plan, IRAs; military retirement benefits.
- Investing Basics: Building Your Cash Snowball: This presentation covers ways to invest, misconceptions about the amount of money needed to start investing, the effect of compounding interest, and how to protect your investment.
- Credit Reports and Credit Scores: This presentation will help people learn how to read and understand a credit report, where to obtain it, what to do about errors, and how to improve your score and creditworthiness.
- Budgeting for All Ages: Build Wealth not Debt: This presentation is designed to help you set financial goals, build a spending plan, and gain control over your finances.
Registration is required for this “Making $ense of Finance” conference. Complimentary food and drinks and free parking will be provided. Liberty USO will be awarding raffle prizes to those attending the conference. Space is limited. Registration and conference information are available at https://www.secure.dobs.pa.gov//msof/johnstown.
“Making $ense of Finance” is made possible through the Pennsylvania Military Finance Alliance, a cooperative effort of the PA Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, the PA Department of Banking and Securities, the PA Office of Attorney General, Pennsylvania Military OneSource, Better Business Bureau, Liberty USO, Army Community Service, PA National Guard, and Advantage Credit Counseling Services.
For more information about the conference, call Tina Pelesky at 814-255-0355 or email email@example.com. Members of the public with questions or complaints about financial products and services can call 1-800-PA-BANKS (or 1-800-600-0007). To learn more about financial and investing matters, visit PA Investor Education on Facebook and @PAFinancialReg on Twitter.
Virginia Lucy, Department of Banking and Securities, 717-214-4759
Joan Nissley, Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, 717-861-8720
# # #