Harrisburg, PA – The Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) filed felony and misdemeanor charges today against Jayana Tanae Webb following an investigation into the crash on Interstate 95 yesterday morning that claimed the lives of two PSP troopers and a pedestrian. Webb, 21, of Eagleville, was charged with the following:
- murder of the third degree, 18 Pa C.S. § 2502(c), three counts;
- homicide by vehicle while DUI, Title 75 § 3735, three counts;
- homicide by vehicle, Title 75 § 3732, three counts;
- manslaughter of a law enforcement officer in the second degree, 18 Pa C.S. § 2507(d), two counts;
- involuntary manslaughter, 18 Pa C.S. § 2504, three counts;
- recklessly endangering another person, 18 Pa C.S. § 2705, three counts;
- driving under the influence, Title 75 § 3802; and
- summary traffic violations, which include failing to drive at a safe speed, careless driving, and reckless driving.
The deceased pedestrian was identified as Reyes Rivera Oliveras, 28, of Allentown. Several passing motorists called 911 after observing the pedestrian, identified as Oliveras, walking in the southbound lanes of travel on I-95. Troopers Martin F. Mack III and Branden T. Sisca, of Troop K, Philadelphia, located him and were in the process of securing him in their patrol vehicle when they were struck by Webb just before 1:00 a.m. on Monday, March 21.
MEDIA CONTACTS: Corporal Brent Miller or Lieutenant Adam Reed, 717-783-5556, email@example.com
# # #