Harrisburg, PA — Representatives from the Department of Revenue will visit senior and community centers over the next several weeks to help Pennsylvanians who need help filing their Pennsylvania personal income tax returns and Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program applications.
"We know from our experience that many of our customers benefit from having a face-to-face conversation with one of our experienced representatives who can help guide them through the filing process, whether that is for a PA tax return or a rebate claim," Acting Revenue Secretary Pat Browne said. "We hope that Pennsylvanians in these communities will take advantage of the opportunity to receive free help from our staff in person."
Department of Revenue staff will be available at the locations and times listed. Please keep in mind that inclement weather may impact this schedule.
- Turtle Creek Center, 519 Penn Ave., Turtle Creek, PA 15145
- Dates: February 21 & 28; March 3, 10, 17; from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Benton Senior Center, 42 Community Drive, Benton, PA 17814
- Dates: February 27, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Berwick Senior Center, 1401 Orange St., Berwick, PA 18603
- Dates: March 28, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Bloomsburg Senior Center, 229 West 6th St., Bloomsburg, PA 17815
- Dates: February 24, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Catawissa Senior Center, 319 Pine St., Catawissa, PA 17820
- Dates: March 20, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Riverview Manor Apartments, 15 West Connelly Blvd., Sharon, PA 16146
- Dates: March 14, from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Montour Senior Center, 605 West Mahoning St., Danville, PA 17821
- Dates: February 21, from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Coal Region Senior Center, 2 East Arch St., Shamokin, PA 17872
- Dates: February 23, March 9, 23, from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Sunbury Senior Center, 601 Pennsylvania Ave., Sunbury, PA 17801
- Dates: March 8, 15, from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Canonsburg Senior Center, 30 East Pike St., Canonsburg, PA 15317
- Dates: February 27, March 6, 13, 20, from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Latrobe Center for Active Adults, 15 Avenue C, Latrobe, PA 15650
- Dates: February 27; March 6, 13, 20, 27; April 3, 10; from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- New Kensington Center for Active Adults, 1039 Third Ave., New Kensington, PA 15068
- Dates: February 7, 14, 21, 28; March 7, 14, 21, 28; from 9 a.m. - Noon
- Note: Appointments are requested for this location. Call 724-335-8597 to schedule an appointment.
- Mount Pleasant Center for Active Adults, 424 Washington St., Mount Pleasant, PA 15666
- Dates: February 15, 22, from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- West Newton Center for Active Adults, 103 East Main St., West Newton, PA 15089
- Dates: March 15, from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Note: This location only offers assistance for those seeking help with submitting a Property Tax/Rent Rebate application.
- Herminie Center for Active Adults, 101 Sewickley Ave., Herminie, PA 15644
- Dates: March 13, from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Valley Center for Active Adults, 135 Kalassay Dr., Ligonier, PA 15658
- Dates: February 23, March 2, from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Other Places to Find Tax Help
In addition to the locations noted above, state personal income tax assistance is available at the Department of Revenue's district offices. Assistance at district offices is available from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Customers are encouraged to email or call ahead to schedule an appointment.
What Should You Bring with You?
Taxpayers who need assistance with the Pennsylvania personal income tax return (PA-40) should bring their tax information/income statements, a photo identification card (driver's license, etc.), and the Social Security cards for themselves and their dependents. As a reminder, all taxpayers who received more than $33 in total gross taxable income in calendar year 2022 must file a Pennsylvania personal income tax return by midnight, Tuesday, April 18, 2023.
Applicants who need assistance with the Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program application (PA-1000) should check the eligibility guidelines on the Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program page on the Department of Revenue website. The rebate program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians age 65 and older; widows and widowers age 50 and older; and people with disabilities age 18 and older.
Media Contact: Jeffrey Johnson, email@example.com