STATE ETHICS COMMISSION
613 North Street, Room 307
Harrisburg, PA 17120
Public Meeting Agenda
April 21, 2022
1. December 1, 2021 public meeting minutes
2. March 2, 2022 public teleconference meeting minutes
3. Urbanic, No. 22-004, Opinion: Whether the Public Official and Employee Ethics Act, 65 Pa.C.S. § 1101 et seq., would impose prohibitions or restrictions upon an individual who is employed as the 311 Manager of the 311 Response Center of the City of Pittsburgh with regard to receiving compensation from a consulting firm for reviewing a proposal that the consulting firm plans to submit to Madison, Wisconsin, in relation to 311 (i.e., non-emergency) citizen support services.
4. Jones/Rodak, No. 22-005, Appeal of Advice: Whether an individual employed as the Chief Mechanic/Plant Process Chief for the Lower Bucks County Joint Municipal Authority would be considered a "public employee" subject to the Public Official and Employee Ethics Act, 65 Pa.C.S. § 1101 et seq., and the Regulations of the State Ethics Commission, 51 Pa. Code § 11.1 et seq., and particularly, the requirements for filing Statements of Financial Interests.
5. Hazelwood, No. 22-008, Opinion: Whether the Public Official and Employee Ethics Act, 65 Pa.C.S. § 1101 et seq., would prohibit Pennsylvania State Representatives from using public funds to pay expenses for the following: (1) postage, printing, the transmission of electronic mail and robotic telephone calls for otherwise permissible mass communication to residents of their "new" legislative districts as determined by the final Reapportionment Plan of the Legislative Reapportionment Commission for the House of Representatives affirmed by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court; and (2) the conduct of town halls, fairs and other types of legislative events in the "new" legislative districts.
6. Public Comment: Receipt of testimony or input from persons or organizations which represent any individuals subject to the Public Official and Employee Ethics Act or from other interested parties.