The Pennsylvania State Ethics Commission has issued a final adjudication in the following matters under
The Ethics Act
HARRISBURG, PA –
Order No. 1821-A (Gogolsky)
School Board Member and Board President
Jeanette Area School District
Westmoreland County, PA
1. Mark Gogolsky ("Gogolsky"), as a Member of the Jeannette City School Board of Directors ("Board"), Westmoreland County, from December 6, 1993 to the present and as President of the Board during the 2019 – 2020 school year, did not violate Section 1103(a) of the Ethics Act, 65 Pa.C.S. § 1103(a), as to the allegation that he used the authority of his public position for the private pecuniary benefit of himself and/or a member of his immediate family when he influenced and/or participated in actions of the Jeannette City School District ("School District") resulting in early retirement incentive benefits being paid to his spouse, who was an employee of the School District, based upon an insufficiency of evidence.
2. Gogolsky violated Section 1105(b)(5) of the Ethics Act, 65 Pa.C.S. § 1105(b)(5), when he filed deficient Statements of Financial Interests for calendar years 2016 through 2020 by failing to disclose all reportable sources of income, in that he failed to list the City of Jeannette and Penn Borough, Westmoreland County as sources of income on his Statements of Financial Interests for calendar years 2016 through 2020.
3. We hereby levy five reduced civil penalties against Gogolsky in the total amount of $500.00, $100.00 for each of the five years Gogolsky filed deficient Statements of Financial Interests for calendar years 2016 through 2020.
4. Gogolsky is ordered to make payment of the aforesaid civil penalties in the total amount of $500.00 by no later than the thirtieth (30th) day after the mailing date of this Order, by forwarding to this Commission a certified check or money order in the amount of $500.00 made payable to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, for deposit in the State Treasury.
5. Gogolsky is ordered to file complete and accurate SFIs for calendar years 2016 through 2020 with the School District by no later than the thirtieth (30th) day after the mailing date of this adjudication and Order, with copies forwarded to the Commission for compliance verification purposes.
6. Gogolsky is directed to not accept any reimbursement, compensation, or other payment from the School District representing a full or partial reimbursement of the aforesaid civil penalties.
7. Non-compliance with Paragraph 3, 4, 5, or 6 of this Order will result in the initiation of an appropriate enforcement action.
You may access the full text version of the above rulings by clicking on the link below or by copying and pasting them into your browser:
1821 - A, Gogolsky (pa.gov)
 The term "School District" is being substituted for the term "Township" that was mistakenly included in the original final adjudication, Order No. 1821.