Harrisburg, PA - Education and outreach staff from the Department of Banking and Securities will be meeting with groups of senior citizens, veterans, service providers, and the public throughout the month of November to promote financial capability as part of Governor Tom Wolf’s Consumer Financial Protection Initiative.
For General Audience
“Avoiding Scams and ID Theft”
- Easttown Library at 720 First Avenue in Berwyn (Chester County) on November 12 from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM.
“Avoiding Scams, ID Theft and Cybersecurity”
- PA CareerLink Montgomery County at 1855 New Hope Street in Norristown (Montgomery County) on November 13 from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Grandparent Program – United Way at 800 E. King Street in York (York County) on November 21 from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM.
- Cleve J. Fredricksen Library, Business and Career Center (BCC Classroom) at 100 N 19th Street in Camp Hill (Cumberland County) on November 18 from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
For Senior Citizens
- Center for Positive Aging in Lower Merion (PALM) at 117 Ardmore Avenue in Ardmore (Delaware County) on November 1 from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM.
- Benton Senior Citizens Center at 42 Community Drive in Benton (Columbia County) on November 6 from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Delta Senior Service at 5 Pendyrus Street in Delta (York County) on November 14 from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Blair Senior Center at 1320 12th Avenue in Altoona (Blair County) on November 15 from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Penn’s Creek Adult Resource Center at 3551 Richard Road in Middleburg (Snyder County) on November 18 from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Heritage Senior Center at 3700-4 Davidsburg Road in Dover (York County) on November 19 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
“Avoiding Scams and ID Theft”
- Senior Adult Activities Center at 45 Forest Avenue in Ambler (Montgomery County) on November 4 from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM.
- Norristown Senior Adult Activities Center at 536 George Street in Norristown (Montgomery County) on November 5 from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM.
- Be Wise Conference at the Doubletree by Hilton at 701 Penn Street in Reading (Berks County) on November 1 from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (Note: Registration is required)
- FBLA Leadership Conference at Kalahari Resort at 250 Kalahari Boulevard in Mount Pocono (Monroe County) on November 3-4 (Note: Open to conference attendees).
- PA Business Educators Association Annual Conference at the Holiday Inn Grantville at 604 Station Road in Grantville (Dauphin County) on November 20 from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Breast Cancer Support Services of Berks at 529 Reading Avenue, Suite C in West Reading (Berks County) on November 30 from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
Outreach staff will be available at the following legislative expos:
- Rep. James Roebuck’s Veteran’s Event at the Mt. Calvary Family Worship Center at 1438 S. 51st Street in Philadelphia (Philadelphia County) on November 9 from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM (Note: Open to veterans and their families).
- Rep. Margo Davidson’s 5th Annual Public Safety Forum at the St. Paul Lutheran Church at 50 E. Plumstead Avenue in Lansdowne (Delaware County) on November 14 from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
For Military and Veterans
The Veterans Expo include information from outreach staff at the Lancaster Farm and Home Center at 1383 Arcadia Road in Lancaster (Lancaster County) on November 7 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
The department’s Investor Education and Consumer Outreach staff works with state and local government agencies, service providers, community and trade organizations, the General Assembly, the military community, schools, and other partners to help Pennsylvanians across the commonwealth become well-informed about the financial marketplace. There are a variety of free, non-commercial programs and presentations available, or a program can be tailored to a specific group’s needs.
To find a workshop near you, visit the Department of Banking and Securities calendar of events. Consumers and community groups can call 1-800-PA-BANKS or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Use #GovWolfCFPI to keep up with the department's Consumer Financial Protection initiative on Twitter.
MEDIA CONTACT: Dulcey Antonucci - 717.214.6036, DoBSComm@PA.gov
# # #