Harrisburg, PA - Department of Health Acting Secretary Alison Beam today announced the latest update to the COVID-19 Vaccine Dashboard that provides demographic data such as race, ethnicity, gender and age of individuals who have been vaccinated by county, across the commonwealth.
“As the number of Pennsylvanians getting vaccinated increases, we want to easily depict this information for counties to see their progress in equitable distribution, including areas where they are doing well and areas where vaccination efforts need improvement,” Acting Secretary Beam said. “This updated data will assist the department as we work to determine where we may need to focus some of our work, to ensure we are reaching all populations equally. We are committed to making the vaccine available to all Pennsylvanians to reduce the likelihood of individuals being hospitalized and dying from COVID-19.”
This latest update to the dashboard can be found on the second page of the COVID-19 vaccine dashboard. The update displays a county=specific view of demographics vaccinated by race, ethnicity, gender and age. The updated data also includes a county ranking of the percent of residents in a given county that has received at least one dose of a vaccine.
“This information will help identify any equity gaps so that we can work in partnership with Federal Retail Pharmacy Partners, who have stores in many locations, to assist in vaccinating all Pennsylvanians,” Beam said. “The department is also working closely with trusted partners and stakeholders on creating and sharing information for those who may be hesitant about receiving the vaccine. It is important that we all remember that the vaccines are safe and effective and are the best path to prevent becoming seriously ill from the virus.”
For more information on the Department of Health’s efforts to promote justice, mitigate health inequities and promote transparency during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the “Health Equity and COVID-19” page here.
While COVID-19 vaccine supply from the federal government remains limited, the Department of Health is working to ensure the vaccine is provided in a way that is ethical, equitable and efficient. To keep Pennsylvanians informed about vaccination efforts:
· All Pennsylvanians age 16 and older are eligible to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine. The provider map is available here.
· A commonwealth COVID-19 vaccination guide explains the current process for getting one. Pennsylvanians with questions about the vaccination process can call the Department of Health hotline at 1-877-724-3258.
· Vaccine provider map to find a COVID-19 vaccine provider near you.
· All of the locations that received vaccine and how much they have received can be found on the COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution webpage.
· Vaccine dashboard data can also be found on the website to find more information on the doses administered and showcase demographic information.
· The Unite Against COVID Weekly Update is a round-up of news you can use and answers to your most pressing vaccine questions – delivered directly to your inbox every week.
· Pennsylvanians can provide feedback on the Pennsylvania COVID-19 Interim Vaccination Plan by clicking on the Plan Feedback Form square under Popular Vaccine Topics here.
· Frequently asked questions can be found here.
The Wolf Administration stresses the role Pennsylvanians play in helping to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
· Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
· Cover any coughs or sneezes with your elbow, not your hands.
· Clean surfaces frequently.
· Stay home to avoid spreading COVID-19, especially if you are unwell.
· If you must go out, you are required to wear a mask when in a business or where it is difficult to maintain proper social distancing.
· Download the COVID Alert PA app and make your phone part of the fight. The free app can be found in the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store by searching for “covid alert pa”.
Updated Coronavirus Links: Press Releases, State Lab Photos, Graphics
· Daily COVID-19 Report
· Press releases regarding coronavirus
· Latest information on the coronavirus
· Photos of the state’s lab in Exton (for download and use)
· Coronavirus and preparedness graphics (located at the bottom of the page)
· Community preparedness and procedures materials
MEDIA CONTACT: Barry Ciccocioppo, RA-DHPressOffice@pa.gov
# # #