For Immediate Release
September 19, 2022
Contact For More Information:
Mary W. Fox
The Pennsylvania State Ethics Commission has issued a final adjudication in the following matters under The Lobbying Disclosure Law
HARRISBURG, PA –
Order No. 154-SL
Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company
1. Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, in its capacity as a principal registered with the Pennsylvania Department of State (“Department of State”) under principal registration number “P65375,” violated Section 13A05 of Pennsylvania’s lobbying disclosure law (“Lobbying Disclosure Law”), 65 Pa.C.S. § 13A05, when it failed to timely file with the Department of State either a quarterly expense report or statement of failure to meet the reporting threshold for the fourth quarter of 2021.
2. The violations of the Lobbying Disclosure Law outlined in paragraph 1 immediately above are deemed to be negligent in nature.
3. Pursuant to Section 13A09(c) of the Lobbying Disclosure Law, 65 Pa.C.S. § 13A09(c), this Commission hereby levies one administrative penalty against Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, in the total amount of $42,700.00, calculated as follows: $50 per day for the first ten days its fourth quarter 2021 expense report or statement of failure to meet the reporting threshold was delinquent, plus $100.00 per day for the next ten days its fourth quarter 2021 expense report or statement of failure to meet the reporting threshold was delinquent, plus $200 per day for the remaining 206 days its fourth quarter 2021 expense report or statement of failure to meet the reporting threshold was delinquent (10 days x $50.00 + 10 days x $100.00 + 206 x $200.00 = $42,700.00).
4. Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, is ordered to pay the aforesaid administrative penalty in the total amount of $42,700.00 by way of certified check or money order in the amount of $42,700.00 payable to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and forwarded to the Pennsylvania State Ethics Commission by no later than the thirtieth (30th) day after the mailing date of this Order.
5. Noncompliance with Paragraph 4 of this Order will result in the Commission initiating appropriate enforcement action(s).
You may access the full text version of the above rulings by clicking on these links or by copying and pasting them into your browser: