Entry deadline 5:00 PM Friday
Harrisburg – The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB) will award the right to purchase 768 bottles of highly sought whiskeys, including Buffalo Trace Antique Collection whiskeys, in its latest Limited-Release Lottery.
Pennsylvania residents and licensees have until 5:00 PM Friday, Nov. 6, to opt in to one or more of the drawings by visiting the Limited-Release Lottery webpage at FWGS.com, which can be found under the “Events” tab.
This event will feature six separate lotteries:
- Lottery 1 features eight bottles (six for individual consumers, two for licensees) of Michter's Straight Bourbon Limited Release 20 Year Old 114 Proof. Barrels are personally selected by Michter’s Master Distiller Pam Heilmann for this very limited bottling of a bourbon that has intense notes of black cherry, rich molasses, honeysuckle, roasted pecans, and toasted charred oak. The retail price for each 750 milliliter bottle is $799.99.
- Lottery 2 features eight bottles (six for individual consumers, two for licensees) of Eagle Rare Double Eagle Very Rare Straight Bourbon 90 Proof. Maturing twice as long as standard Eagle Rare 10-year-old bourbon and featuring two beautifully-sculpted crystal glass eagles in the Double Eagle decanter, this is a true collector’s item, presented in a luxurious silver box and crystal decanter. Very few bottles were produced, with an individually-numbered letter of authenticity included with each. Even after two decades of aging in an oak barrel, this bourbon is surprisingly balanced. Hints of vanilla, toasted oak, and caramel lead to a gracefully aged oaky flavor. The retail price for each 750 milliliter bottle is $1,999.99.
- Lottery 3 features 114 bottles (86 for individual consumers, 28 for licensees) of Rock Hill Farms Single Barrel Bourbon. Named for the rich farmland along the Kentucky River, this 100-proof single-barrel bourbon whiskey offers aromatic notes of toasted walnut, dried red fruits, spice, cocoa, and marshmallow. There are flavors of dark chocolate, chocolate covered almond, coffee, tobacco, and dark caramel. The finish is smooth, silky, toffee-sweet, and honeyed. Wine Enthusiast gave this bourbon 96-100 points. The retail price for each 750 milliliter bottle is $49.99.
- Lottery 4 features 138 bottles (104 for individual consumers, 34 for licensees) of Old Forester Birthday Straight Bourbon 2020 98 Proof. The 2020 release is bottled at 98 proof and is made up of 95 barrels, aged 10 years, and barreled on June 5, 2010. The nose has a nuanced balance of white floral notes, magnolia and citrus, spiced with vanilla, buttery leather, and cocoa powder. Countering the spice are sprinkles of brown sugar, white chocolate shavings, caramel drizzle, and hints of tropical fruit. The retail price for each 750 milliliter bottle is $129.99.
- Lottery 5 features five expressions of the Buffalo Trace 2019 Antique Collection. Winning entries are limited to one bottle per participant, and if a participant wins a bottle in a drawing for this lottery, they will be removed from subsequent drawings in the lottery. The retail price for each 750 milliliter bottle in this collection is $109.99:
- Eagle Rare Straight Bourbon 17 Year Old 101 Proof Bottled Summer 2019 – one for individual consumers, one for licensees
- Sazerac Straight Rye Whiskey 18 Year Old 90 Proof Bottled Summer 2019 – two for individual consumers, one for licensees
- Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Straight Rye Whiskey Barrel Proof 125.7 Proof 2019 Release – five for individual consumers, one for licensees
- William Larue Weller Straight Bourbon Barrel Proof 128.0 Proof 2019 Release – 10 for individual consumers, three for licensees
- George T. Stagg Straight Bourbon Barrel Proof 116.9 Proof 2019 Release – 27 for individual consumers, eight for licensees
- Lottery 6 features five expressions of the Buffalo Trace 2020 Antique Collection. Winning entries are limited to one bottle per participant, and if a participant wins a bottle in a drawing for this lottery, they will be removed from subsequent drawings in the lottery. The retail price for each 750 milliliter bottle in this collection is $109.99:
- Sazerac Straight Rye Whiskey 18 Year Old 90 Proof Bottled Summer 2020 – nine for individual consumers, three for licensees
- Eagle Rare Straight Bourbon 17 Year Old 101 Proof Bottled Summer 2020 – 18 for individual consumers, six for licensees
- William Larue Weller Straight Bourbon Barrel Proof 134.5 Proof 2020 Release – 41 for individual consumers, 13 for licensees
- Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Straight Rye Whiskey Barrel Proof 129 Proof 2020 Release – 104 for individual consumers, 34 for licensees
- George T. Stagg Straight Bourbon Barrel Proof 130.4 Proof 2020 Release – 160 for individual consumers, 53 for licensees
Individual consumers and licensees interested in entering one or more lotteries or drawings must have an active account with FWGS.com with billing information on file. Each participant is encouraged to verify that accurate, up-to-date billing information is associated with his or her customer account, to prevent transaction delays or cancellations.
Store delivery of Limited-Release Lottery products is required; failure to identify a valid store for delivery may result in the loss of the right to purchase that product. Every winner will be required to show valid photo identification at the store to claim the product.
In light of attempts by previous lottery winners to illegally resell products obtained through Limited-Release Lotteries, the lottery Terms and Conditions remind residents that the sale of alcoholic beverages without a license is strictly prohibited under Pennsylvania law. When entering a Limited-Release Lottery, a participant will be asked to acknowledge that he or she has read and understands these terms and conditions.
Limited-Release Lotteries are open to Pennsylvania residents and licensees age 21 or older who provide both a verifiable Pennsylvania billing address and a Fine Wine & Good Spirits store address at registration. Any registrant with a billing address that cannot be verified as a Pennsylvania address will be removed from the lottery. Entries will be vetted for duplicative names, addresses, and other information, and duplicates will be deleted from the lottery pool.
Lottery drawings will be witnessed by an independent third party. Winners will be selected at random by computer program. Participants will be notified by email when the lottery process is complete.
The PLCB regulates the distribution of beverage alcohol in Pennsylvania, operates 600 wine and spirits stores statewide, and licenses 20,000 alcohol producers, retailers, and handlers. The PLCB also works to reduce and prevent dangerous and underage drinking through partnerships with schools, community groups, and licensees. Taxes and store profits – totaling nearly $17.9 billion since the agency’s inception – are returned to Pennsylvania’s General Fund, which finances Pennsylvania’s schools, health and human services programs, law enforcement, and public safety initiatives, among other important public services. The PLCB also provides financial support for the Pennsylvania State Police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement, the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs, other state agencies, and local municipalities across the state. For more information about the PLCB, visit lcb.pa.gov.
MEDIA CONTACT: Shawn M. Kelly, 717.303.8522